- A visual feast of 400 dazzling images, this is a comprehensive survey of the genre over the last century. The book also offers an overview of the development of fashion, as seen through the eyes of the greatest illustrators of the day. Early in the century fashion illustration reflected new, liberating currents in art and culture, such as the exoticism of the Ballets Russes, while the postwar period saw inspiration from the great Parisian couturiers. After the dominance of the celebrity fashion photographer in the '60s, a new generation of illustrators emerged, embracing the medium of the computer, while many returned to more traditional techniques.
- Steampunk - the direction of science fiction, simulating alternative development of mankind, which had been perfectly mastered the technology of steam engines and mechanics. As a rule, steampunk involves stylized era Victorian England (the second half of XIX century) and the era of early capitalism with a typical urban landscape and the contrast of social stratification.The term "steampunk" was coined in 1987 by writer Kevin Jeter, and was originally a parody of the "cyberpunk". Often the latest technology to search for "steam" analogs: computer - Babbage's machine, the programmer - clap; robot - clockwork mechanism, machine, etc.
197 JPG Images | <5064x2548 Pixels | 155 MB
Andrea Mantegna (Italian Andrea Mantegna, ca. 1431, Isola di Cartura, Veneto - September 13, 1506, Mantua) - Italian painter, representative of the Padua school of painting. Unlike most other classics of the Italian Renaissance, wrote in a harsh and abrupt manner. One of the greatest humanists of Italy, Mantegna was a connoisseur and collector of ancient art. Thanks including understanding of antiquity, Mantegna became a radical innovator painting.
196 HQ JPG | Up to 5100x3240 Pixels | 115 MB
- Alan LaVern Bean (born March 15, 1932) is a former NASA astronaut and currently a painter. Bean was selected to become an astronaut by NASA in 1963 as part of Astronaut Group 3. He made his first flight into space aboard Apollo 12, the second manned mission to land on the Moon, at the age of thirty-seven years in November 1969. During this mission, Bean became the fourth person to walk on the Moon. He made his second and final flight into space on the Skylab 3 mission in 1973, the second manned mission to the Skylab space station. After retiring from the United States Navy in 1975 and NASA in 1981, Bean pursued his interest in painting, depicting various space-related scenes and documenting his own experiences in space as well as that of his fellow Apollo Program astronauts.
- Austrian painter. He studied at the School of Art and Industry in Vienna (1875-83). Wrote junction, ornamental symbolic paintings, portraits, landscapes, art nouveau, performing them with mosaic color spots (panels for the "Burgtheater" in Vienna, 1888; portrait of Bloch-Bauer, 1907, the Austrian Gallery, Vienna). One of the founders (1897 ) and President (until 1905) of the Vienna Secession.
The collection of works by the artist from Florida, Carol Carter.
137 JPG | 1600x1600 Pixels | 55 MB
Oskar Kokoschka, Austrian painter and writer of Czech origin
(March 1, 1886 Pöchlarn-Austria-Hungary / February 22, 1980 in Villeneuve, Switzerland)
The largest figure of the Austrian expressionist literature and fine arts.
84 RGB JPG Images | <1545x1950 | 36 MB
Graphic Design Cookbook: Mix & Match Recipes for Faster, Better Layouts
Leonard Koren & R. Wippo Meckler
142 Pages PDF | 39 MB
- With 100,000 copies sold, Graphic Design Cookbook is one of the most useful all-purpose resources for designers and anyone who wants to create a dynamic layout for magazines, newsletters, books, posters, and other media. Now released with a fresh new cover, its more than a thousand line drawings illustrate effective design devices, type treatments, spatial solutions, and pictorial presentations, allowing examination and comparison of various options in no time. The Graphic Design Cookbook can be opened to virtually any page for instant access to great ideas. As a catalyst for cooking up endless new design recipes, this classic goes on inspiring one generation of designers to the next.
2DArtist Magazines 2005-2013 Full Collection 92 Issues!
English | True PDF | 72 issue | 13 GB
CHOOSE YOUR MISSING ISSUE and DOWNLOAD!
- 2DArtist is the magazine for CG artists around the globe, whether you already work in 2D or are just getting started. Each issue is full of techniques, tutorials, interviews, articles, project overviews and galleries – providing the perfect platform from which to improve your 2D skills, learn from the professionals and get inspiration for your next project.